This word cloud represents the essence of the messages of the inaugural TEDx MidAtlantic event as culled from my scribbled notes. The speakers were amazing role models, and their messages, which were so passionately delivered, words to live by.
In the true spirit of TED, the terms cut across numerous disciplines, including technology, arts, medicine, business, health, entertainment, and design. As I reviewed my notes, it struck me that the key messages represent a wonderful sort of magnetic poetry mosaic from which New Year’s resolutions can be crafted.
The theme of the TEDx MidAtlantic event was The Power of Stories. I’ve selected five words that spoke to me to build personal resolutions and craft my 2010 story. They are empower, execute, listen, acknowledge, evolve.
What 5 words would you choose to craft your 2010 story?
- Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity
- Blaise Aguera y Arcas demos Photosynth
- David Bolinsky animates a cell
- Jill Bolte Taylor’s stroke of insight
For more insight into the TEDx MidAtlantic event held in November 2009 in Baltimore at the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA), check out these reviews:
- Duende: TEDx MidAtlantic. (A wonderful ‘visual recording’)
- GrayMatter Minute: TEDx MidAtlantic, Eggs, Bones, Cows and Social Media.
- Jim Doran: TEDx MidAtlantic. (The ‘top five favorite talks’ represents a perfect list of videos to watch and then craft 2010 resolutions)
- Stellargirl: Inspired by TEDxMidAtlantic. (Key phrases that capture the event essence)
- Christiana Aretta: Visual High Notes from TEDxMidAtlantic. (Stunning photos that convey the passion of the speakers)
Image generated by Wordle, http://www.wordle.net/.