TateShots: Roman Ondak, Measuring the Universe
“Starting as an empty white room, Roman Ondak’s ‘Measuring the Universe’ at Tate St Ives grew through the contribution of around 90,000 participants to a constellation of black marks.
Through the simple action of measuring oneself, Ondak’s work doesn’t just expand on ideas of space and the universal but also the personal, creating a growing living artwork that questions just what a museum is for.”
Did your parents measure you against a wall or doorframe when you were a kid?
What do you see when you look at these walls? Data? Art? Stories?
- Tate museum site, including a transcript of the video
- Wearable Tech Pinterest Board (250+ tracking gadgets)
- Self-tracking: Checking under the hood
- Is your activity tracking gadget accurate? Do you care?
- Please touch: Lessons from Leonardo da Vinci