https://caroltorgan.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Picture2.jpg 602 751 Carol Torgan, Ph.D. https://caroltorgan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/torgan-logo2-300x137.png Carol Torgan, Ph.D.2015-03-20 21:10:492016-06-05 20:36:39Leonardo Da Vinci Wearable Tech Flip Book
Leonardo Da Vinci Wearable Tech Flip Book
Leonardo da Vinci is credited with creating the first pedometer, making him the father of wearable technology.
How would his famous Vitruvian Man look today if he was outfitted with wearables?
This series of images was part of a keynote address I gave at the Interface2014: The Future Of Health Summit in Vancouver, BC. It’s inspired by several refrigerator magnet sets I have.
What do you think of the balance of form and function? What would da Vinci think?
List of wearables, in order of appearance:
- Pedometer: Generic
- Underwear: Generic pair, featuring screen-printed amperometric carbon sensor arrays, from Yang et al.
- Sock: Sensoria Fitness Sock
- Chest strap: BioFusion from Biopeak
- Patches: Metria from Avery Dennison, ZIO XT Patch from iRhythm Technologies, Leaf Patient Sensor, AmpStrip
- Shirt: Hexoskin
- Shorts: Mbody MShorts
- Wrist trackers (left to right): Apple watch, Basis watch, Xiaomi Mi Band, Withings Activité, Pebble watch, Disney MagicBand, Garmin Vivofit, Bodymedia Armband, Leap, Polar Loop, Empatica Embrace, Samsung Gear 2, Mio Fuse, Jawbone Up
- Shoes: Adidas F50 adizero miCoach, Lechal
- Tattoos: Tattoo-based potentiometric ion-selective sensors, from Wang, et al., Epidermal Electronics from Rodgers, et al.
- Jewelry: Ringly, Tory Burch and Fitbit necklace, Misfit Shine and Swarovski necklace, Beltie from Emiota, June from Netatmo
- Helmet: Lazer Lifebeam
- Glasses: Google Glass
[…] Popular Related posts The Future of Activity Monitoring: Innovating Beyond Steps, Sleep, and Speed What if Wearable Tech was like Press-on Nails? Battle of the Bands: Jawbone UP Vs. 3M Tegaderm Band-Aid Self-tracking meets ready-to-wear: Make room in your closet for smart clothes Is your activity tracking gadget accurate? Do you care? Leonardo Da Vinci Meets Wearable Tech: A Refrigerator Magnet Set […]
[…] related posts What if Wearable Tech was like Press-on Nails? Leonardo Da Vinci Wearable Tech Flip Book The Future of Activity Monitoring: Innovating Beyond Steps, Sleep, and Speed Self-tracking meets […]